martes, 19 de septiembre de 2017

Lesson 16: Unit 32 PREFERENCES

Lesson 16: Unit 32 PREFERENCES

David: Hello. Today we look at what we like and what we don’t like and what we like more than other things are preferences. Natalies likes watching television. What kind of programs can you see on television?

The news
A documentary
A film / a movie
A music programme
A cartoon
A game show

David: What kind of television programs do you like?

1.    I like comedy programmes and I like documentaries.
2.    I like comedies and I like documentaries; and I don’t like police dramas.
3.    I like the news, occasionally.
4.    The types of programme I don’t like, generally speaking, are game shows.

David: Natalie likes watching cartoons. I like watching cartoons, too. Natalie likes watching cartoons, and so do I. What’s on now?
Natalie: A game show. I don’t like game show.
David: Nor do I.

Natalie likes cartoons. So do I.
She doesn’t like game shows.
Nor do I.

WHAT’S ON TV?

Dog: What’s this?
Cat: It’s a game show.
Parrot: A game show? I don’t like game shows.
Dog: Nor do I. What’s this?
Cat: I don’t know.
Dog: It’s a documentary.
Parrot: I hate documentaries.
Dog: What’s this?
Cat: It’s a film.
Dog: OK. I like films.
Parrot: So do I.
Cat: Good.
Parrot: But I hate this film. David:

David: I wonder if Kevin likes watching TV. Kevin…Kevin! Do you like watching TV?
Kevin: Watching TV? No, I’m listening to music.
David: I said: Do you like watching TV?
Kevin: Oh, do I like watching TV? Yes, It’s Ok. But I prefer listening to music.

I like watching TV.
I prefer listening to music.

MAP ADVERTISING: JULIA’S BUSINESS PLAN

Natalie: James Brady still works for MAP Advertising. MAP moving out of London to new officers in the country. James is talking to Julia Marsh about her plans to form her own advertising agency.
James: What have you decided to do?
Julia: Well, I’ve thought about it a lot, and I’ve decided to stay in London and form my own company… Marsh Advertising!
James: Congratulations.
Julia: What about you?
James: Me?
Julia: Are you going to stay at MAP?
James: Yes. Well, I think so.
Julia: I see… You’d prefer to live in country.
James: No… of course I’d rather live in London, but I can’t.
Julia: Yes, you can. You can stay here and work with me.
James: I prefer working for a bigger company.
Julia: You haven’t tried working for a small one. Look at these. My business plan for the company…and my first job. It could be our first job.

You’d prefer to live in the country.
You would prefer to live in the country.

I’d rather live in London.
I would rather live in London

Kevin: Let’s go back to Julia and James. Julia is telling James about her first freelance job
Julia: You remember International Promotions, -- the company I used to work for?
James: Yes.
Julia: Well, they’re organizing a big exours…hibition.
James: What kind of exhibitions?
Julia: It’s about health and fitness. And they want me to organize the advertising campaign. Imagine! They don’t want to work with MAP now that I’ve left.
James: Really? That’s great.
Julia: I have to find out what kind of people are interested in keeping fit.  And they I have to find out what kind of TV programs they enjoy watching. That’s for the TV advertising. 
James: Well, I enjoy keeping fit. But I hate watching TV.
Julia: While you’re a big help.
James: Julia… about this new company of yours…
Julia: Yes.
James: I think I’d like to join you.
Julia: But James, you prefer working for big companies.
James: Yes… No, I prefer working with people I like. And I’m impressed with this.
Julia: James, I’m very pleased.


I enjoy keeping fit
I like keeping fit
I hate watching TV.
I don’t like watching TV.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario