martes, 19 de septiembre de 2017

Lesson 23: Unit 45 TRAVEL

Lesson 23: Unit 45 TRAVEL

David: Today we talk about travel.
Natalie: We go to a travel agent’s.
Kevin: But we say goodbye to James and Julia.
Natalie: Travel. Suppose you’re travelling by rail. There are lots of things that you need to know: where to buy a ticket, where the train leaves from, and so on. How do you ask for that information?
Kevin: Well, you say: “Excuse me, where can I buy a ticket?” Or: “Can you tell me where I can buy a ticket?” Then there’s this question: “Where does the train leave from?” Or: “Do you know where the train leaves from?”

“Excuse me, where can I buy a ticket?”
“Can you tell me where I can buy a ticket?”
“Where does the train leave from?”
“Do you know where the train leaves from?”

JAMES AND JULIA

David: Julia march and James Brady are travelling today. They’re going to a town called Banbury to see Tom Hall. They’ve decided to go by train. The only problem is James played tennis yesterday and he hurt his ankle.
 James: I don’t know which platform we want, do you?
Julia: It’s platform two, I think. But I’m not sure if it’s the same at weekends.
James: Excuse me.
Employee: Yes.
James: Do you know where the Banbury train leaves from?
Employee: Yes, platform one.
James: Is platform one on this side?
Employee: No, it’s the last platform; over there.
James: Oh, excuse me. Could you help me, please?
Employee: Of course. But I must deliver this parcel first. Would you mind waiting a moment?
James: No, not at all. Thank you.

I don’t know which platform we want.
I’m not sure if it’s the same at weekends.
Could you help me, please?
Of course.
  
Ten minutes later:

Employee: Can you manage?
Julia: Yes, thank you.
Employee: Will you be all right now?
Julia: Yes, I think so. It was very kind of you to help us.
Employee: Not at all.
James: Thank you very much indeed.
Employee: It’s a pleasure.
Julia: Oh, no! We’ve forgotten to buy the tickets.
James: Excuse me!
Employee: Yes?
James: Can you tell me where the ticket office is, please?
Employee: Yes, it’s right over there, opposite platform 12.
James: Oh, no!
Julia: It’s all right, I’ll go.

It was very kind of you to help us.
Not at all.
Thank you very much indeed.
It’s a pleasure.

I’M NOT SURE

Bear: Excuse me.
Moose: Yes?
Bear: Can you tell me which way north is?
Moose: North? North is that way. But you shouldn’t go north. I’m travelling south for the winter.
Bear: Is it hot or could in the south?
Moose: I’m not sure, but I think it’s hot. That’s why I’m going south. I know that it’s cold in the north.
Bear: Ah! Thank you for your help. Well… time to go.
Moose: But that’s north.
Bear: Yes, I know.

JAMES AND JULIA

David: James and Julia are still at the station waiting for their train.
James: What are you reading?
Julia: A book about India.
James: I’ve always wanted to go there. I heard a wonderful book about India when I was a boy. I don’t know who wrote it. It was called the forgotten land. What’s that one about.
Julia: The writer describes a journey through India. He traveled by slow train by boat. He even went 20 kilometers by taxi.
James: What sounds wonderful. I’d love to do something like that.
Julia: I wonder if I would like it?
James: I think you would. Maybe we could go there together.
Julia: Together? You me on a slow train through India. I’m not a very good travelling companion.
James: I’m sure you’d love it.
Julia: Would are, James?
James: Yes sure would.
Julia: India? I wonder.
Natalie: I’m afraid that’s the last we’ll see of James and Julia. I wonder if  they’ll go to India? I hope so.

Kevin: If you had the chance which unusual or exotic place would you go to?

1.    If I had the opportunity I think I’d like to go to Tahiti.
2.    I’d go to Thailand.
3.    Oh! I’d love to go to Africa. I would love to go to Tanzania and spend some time maybe in the area of Kilimanjaro.
4.    If I had a chance, I would probably go to Jamaica.
5.    I think somewhere in the Far East.
6.    I would go to Hawaii. Well, it would be warm, beaches would be nice.

David: I think I need a holidays.
Natalie: So do I. Do you know what exotic place I’d go to? A desert island. A place where there are no other peoples.

David and Kevin: Goodbye. Goodbye.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario