martes, 19 de septiembre de 2017

Lesson 22: Unit 44 COMMUNICATION

Lesson 22: Unit 44 COMMUNICATION

Kevin: Really? It’s that right. How interesting. Well, it’s been nice talking to you. Bye mom. Sorry, my mother.
David: Today we talk about communication. Especially communication by telephone.
Natalie: Using a phone is the same all over the world you just have to say different things. To make a call you dial the number and you wait.
Kevin: Ah. Busy. He’s talking to someone.
Natalie: When the line is busy, engaged, you try again.
Woman: Hello.
Kevin: Hello, can I speak to Bob Scott, please?
Woman: I’m sorry, I think you have the wrong number.
 Kevin: Ah, sorry.
Bob: Hello.
Kevin: Hello, could I speak to Bob Scott, please?
Bob: Speaking.
 Kevin: Hi, Bob. This is Kevin Dutcher.
Bob: Kevin who?
Kevin: Er… Dutcher.
Bob: Sorry, Mr. Dutcher. I’m very busy right now. Could you call back later?
Kevin: See, easy.

THREE BIRDS

Bird 1: Answer the phone.
Bird 2: No. You answer the phone.
Bird 1. Why should I?
Bird 2: Because I answered the phone yesterday. And it was for you.
Bird 3: Hello? I’m sorry, I can’t hear you… No, it isn’t. Just a moment, please. It’s for you. Er… I’m afraid they aren’t here at the moment. Can I help you? Really? You want me to answer three question. And, if I get them right, I win a holiday? OK. It’s a vegetable. Er… Washington. I think it’s in Italy. Really? Great! Chirpy. My name is Chirpy. Yes, I will. Thank you. Whooppee! I’ve won a holiday in Honolulu!

JAMES AND JULIA

David: James Brady wants to make a phone call to Tom Hall at MAP Advertising. But making a phone call isn’t always easy.
Sandra: Good afternoon, MAP Advertising. Would you hold the line, please?
James: Yes, of course. Come on.
Sandra: Hello. Are you still there?
James: Yes.
Sandra: Sorry to keep you waiting.
James: That’s all right. Could you put me through to Tom Hall, please?
Sandra: Who’s calling?
James: James Brady.
Sandra: Mr. Brady? This is Sandra. How are you?
James: I’m fine thanks, Sandra. How are you?
Sandra: Fine. I’m afraid Mr. Hall is in a meeting.
James: Oh. Well, could you put me through to Rita, please?
Sandra: Certainly. Just a moment. I’ll put you through… Sorry, Mr, Brady, Rita’s phone is engaged.
James: Er… Can I leave a message for Tom?
Rita: Of course.
James: Could he call me as soon…
Sandra: Just a moment. Oh, Mr. Hall is here now.
James: Oh, good. Thanks. Hello? Tom? Tom… are you there? Oh, no!

Would you hold the line, please?
Could you put me through to Tom Hall, please?
Who’s calling?
I’ll put you through.

David: Eventually James spoke to Tom Hall. James was angry, because Tom received a prize for advertising campaign which James had managed before he left MAP. Now Julia wants to know about the phone call.
Julia: What did you say to Tom?
James: I said I was very unhappy that you haven’t spoken to me about the prize.
Julia: And what did you say?
James: Well, he said he was sorry that I was unhappy, but he also said that the agency had won the prize are not an individual employee.
Julia: Well, he’s right, of course.
James: I suppose so. Anyway he said he wanted us to be friends, and he asked me if I would go and see him spend a weekend in the country.
Julia: And what did you say?
James: I said I would and I asked if you could with me.
Julia: Oh, did you.
James: Wouldn’t you like a weekend  in the country?
Julia: Mm. I’ll think about it.
James: Oh, come on; it’ll be fun.
Julia: I said I’d think about it. And now, I’ve got some news for you. I’ve just phoned Karl. His company have accepted our campaign plan! We’ve got the contract to advertise the computer.
James: Great!

I am very unhappy.
I said I was very unhappy.
Can Julia come with me?
I asked if you could come with me.

WHAT WAS THE LAST PHONE CALL YOU HAD?

1.    The last telephone call I had was from a friend of mine. We were going to meet for lunch at twelve. But she said she could make it until half-past one.
2.    Last phone my daughter and she wasn’t gonna be able to come home for the weekend.
3.    The last phone call I had was this morning at a quarter past five when a friend of mine rang me to tell me that a friend of ours just had a baby boy.
4.    Last night my friend Jessica call me and asked if she could borrow an outfit to wear to school the next day.
David: I always wondered who answered emergency calls?
Natalie: Is there anything else?
David: No.

Kevin: No, mom. Natalie wasn’t talking to you. She asked us if there was anything else. Good bye.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario