martes, 19 de septiembre de 2017

Lesson 20: Unit 39 LOOKING AT PEOPLE

Lesson 20: Unit 39  LOOKING AT PEOPLE

David: Today we looking at people and how to describe them.
Natalie: How can we describe Kevin?
David: Well, he’s short.
Natalie: He’s short and he’s… well, he isn’t fat, but he isn’t slim either. What can we say? He’s of medium build.
David: Yes. Short and of medium build.
Kevin: Just a minute. I am not short.
Natalie: Well, you certainly aren’t tall.
Kevin: OK, I’m not tall, but I’m not short either. I’m of medium height.
David: OK, medium height. Now… what can we say about Kevin’s hair?
Kevin: It’s a very nice brown color.
Natalie: He’s got short, straight, brown hair.
Kevin: How would you describe yourself, Natalie?
Natalie: Well, I’m quite tall, I’m slim and I’ve got long, curly, blond hair.

WHAT DO YOU LOOK LIKE? HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?

1.    Physically, I am medium height, medium weight.
2.    Brown hair and hazel eyes. And I’m five foot four inches tall.
3.    I have long brown hair, and it’s straight. And I have green eyes. And I’m not fat and I’m not skinny.
4.    I’ve got blond hair. My eyes are blue. I’m five foot four and I weigh 112 pounds.
5.    I’m short, middle-aged, a little bit overweight, but fairly happy.

Kevin: How do you describe someone you don’t know? Someone in a photograph, for example. Where do you think he comes from?
David: I think he’s Italian.
Kevin: How do you know?
David: Well, he looks Italian, doesn’t he?
Natalie: He could be Mexican.
Kevin: He might be Brazilian, or Greek.
Natalie: Or Turkish.
Kevin: What about his age? How old is he?
David: Well, he must be over 17.
Kevin: Why?
David: He owns a car, doesn’t he?
Natalie: He’s older than 17. He must be at least 25.
Kevin: Are you sure?
Natalie: Absolutely sure.
Kevin: Well, he’s certainly over 20.

SHAKESPEARE’S HOUSE

Tourist 1: This is it. Shakespeare’s house. This must be Shakespeare’s living room!
Tourist 2: Yes.
Tourist 1: And that must be Shakespeare’s typewriter.
Tourist 2: No. It can’t be Shakespeare’s typewriter.
Tourist 1: Why not?
Tourist 2: Because Shakespeare didn’t use a typewriter.
Tourist 1: Didn’t he?
Tourist 2: No. He was a busy man. He probably used a word processor.
Tourist 1: This must be Shakespeare’s armchair.
Tourist 2: And this must be Shakespeare’s son. Hello, Mr. Shakespeare.
Man: Shakespeare? What are you talking about? Get out of my house.
Tourist 1: Well, I liked Shakespeare’s house but I didn’t like his son.

JAMES AND JULIA

David: Let’s join James Brady and Julia Marsh. They’re looking for ways to advertise Carl Shiller is new educational computer.
Julia: James. You know that model agency you went to see when you were in Manchester?
James: Yes.
Julia: What did you tell them?
James: I asked them to send us photographs of children – from 12 to 14 years old that we could use to advertise an educational computer.
Julia: Well, they sent photographs. But most of these aren’t children, are they? I mean, look at this one.
James: What’s the matter with him?
Julia: Well, he’s too old. He must be at least 18. He could be 23.
James: I don’t think so.
Julia: He must be! He looks like a professional footballer.
James: It says here he’s 16.
Julia: He can’t be! It must be a mistake. And look at this one.
James: She looks great!
Julia: Yes, she looks great, but she doesn’t look like a schoolgirl, does she?
James: I don’t know. Schoolgirls look like that these days.
Julia: She doesn’t look like a schoolgirl who enjoys using  a computer. She looks like a rock singer. And it says she’s 14! She can’t possibly be 14.
James: What about this one. She looks about 14. She looks intelligent and she looks like someone who enjoys doing homework.
Julia: James.
James: What?
Julia: That’s a photograph of me.--------

Natalie: Lots of tall slim very beautiful woman.
David: And that´s the end of the program.
Kevin: David.
David: Yes.
Kevin: Do you think I look like a model?
David: Well.
Kevin: I mean if you saw a photograph of me and you didn’t know me? Would you say, “hey! He could be a film star”.
David: Yes, Kevin.
Kevin: Natalie.

Natalie: Yes, Kevin. Yes, I think you’re right. Good bye.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario