martes, 19 de septiembre de 2017

Lesson 19: Unit 37 SOMEWHERE TO STAY

Lesson 19: Unit 37  SOMEWHERE TO STAY

David: Today somewhere to stay.
Natalie: Accommodation.
Kevin: Accommodation for people who are traveling.
David: Natalie. Where do you like staying when you’re travelling?
Natalie: I like bed and breakfast places.
Kevin: Bed and breakfast places? What are they?
Natalie: they’re small hotels or even people’s houses where you often stay for just one night and have a bed and breakfast.
David: Where do you like staying, Kevin?
Kevin: If I can, I stay in a youth hostel.
David: Why?
Kevin: It’s a place where you can meet people and it’s a place that doesn’t cost much.

Why do you like staying in a youth hostel?
It’s a place where you can meet people.
It’s a place that doesn’t cost much.

Natalie: Where do you like staying when you’re traveling?

1.    When I’m travelling the accommodation I prefer is mainly bed and breakfast accommodation. I prefer that to hotels because I find hotels too formal. Bed an breakfast accommodation is more homely.
2.    I like places that are small and have a warm family atmosphere.
3.    I like to stay at places that are big and fancy.
4.    I like staying in suites and I’m the embassy suites is an American phenomenon but it’s where you get a nice room and a nice bedroom suite and a small kitchenette.
5.    Before I was married and had children I went camping a lot, but now if we go travelling will stay in a hotel.

HOSTELS

Owner: Yes?
Traveller: Do you have a room for the night?
Owner: Yes. Come in… Here’s your room.
Traveller: Where’s the bed?
Owner: Bed? Bed? What’s a bed?
Traveller: It’s… It’s a thing that you sleep on.
 Owner: You can sleep there.
Traveller: Is there a bathroom?
Owner: A bathroom? What’s a bathroom?
Travelling: It’s a place where you can wash your hands and face.
Owner: You can wash your hands and face there. Well, good night, then.
Traveller: Good night.
Owner: If there’s anything you need at all?
Traveller: Yes?
Owner: Don’t ask me.

Natalie: You used to work in a hotel, didn’t you?
Kevin: Yes, when I was a student.
Natalie: What did you do?
Kevin: I was a bell-boy.
Natalie: A bell-boy?
Kevin: Yes.
Natalie: I used to work in a hotel as well.
Kevin: Really? Were you a bellboy?
Natalie: No. I worked as a receptionist.

A bell-boy is someone who carries your suitcases.
The receptionist is the person who gives you your key.

David: James Brady is in Manchester  on business. He’s staying in a hotel.

Receptionist: Good afternoon, sir. Fot two night
James: Good afternoon.
Receptionist: Terrible weather.
James: Yes.
Receptionist: Excuse me, but what happened to you?
James: A car went past and splashed me. My name is that Brady by the way James Brady. I have a reservation.
Receptionist: Oh yes, Mr. Brady. You’re the person who asked about a conference room.
James: That’s right.
Receptionist: Well, our small meetings room is free tomorrow.
James: Well, excellent. That’s just what I wanted.
Receptionist: Good. And you’re staying for two night.
James: Yes.
Receptionist: Bed and breakfast only.
James: That’s right.
Receptionist: Would you mind filling in this form, please?
James: No, not at all.
Receptionist: You can have your shirt washed here in the hotel if you like.
James: Can I have my suit cleaned as well?
Receptionist: That should be no problem. I’ll give you a call in your room.
James: Great. Thanks.

Would you mind filling in this form?
No, not at all.
You can have your shirt washed here in the hotel.
Can I have my suit cleaned?
Can I have it cleaned?


David: Now James is in his hotel room. He wants to have his shirt washed. He wants to have his suit cleaned and he’s hungry.

James: Hello, James Brady.
Receptionist: Reception here, Mr. Brady. It’s OK, you can have your suit cleaned. It’ll be ready tomorrow morning. Can you give it to the maid on your floor?
James: Yes, of course. That’s marvellous. Thank you very much. Oh… Can I have something to eat?
Receptionist: yes, certainly. I’ll put you through to room service.
Voice: Room Service. Can I help you?
James: Yes. Can I have a beef sandwich, please? And an orange juice.
Voice: Of course. It’ll be  about ten minutes.
James: Thank you.
Waiter: Your food, sir.
James: Thank you.
Waiter: Er… Would you mind signing the bill, please?
James: Sorry! Bi, of course not. Oh… sorry.
Waiter: Thank you, sir.

Natalie: New Mexico looks beautiful.
David: Fascinating.
Kevin: Yes, it’s.
David: Well, that’s all for today. It’s good bye from me, from the man who used to be a bell-boy, and the woman who used to be a receptionist. Good bye.

Kevin: And have a nice day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario