martes, 19 de septiembre de 2017

Lesson 22: Unit 43 EXHIBITIONS

Lesson 22: Unit 43 EXHIBITIONS

David: Today we look at exhibitions. You can see exhibitions of paintings.
Kevin: Sculpture.
Natalie: Photography.
David: Science.
Kevin: You can see exhibitions at a museum.
Natalie: Or at an art gallery.
David: What kind of exhibitions do you like?
Terry Ward: I love Surrealist painters and if there any exhibitions and I always tried to get to see them.
David Tullis: I like paintings and historical exhibitions.
Mubarak Samji: I love art galleries.
Kate Bunnell: I like art exhibitions most of all I suppose that any sort of art.
John Hoffner: My favorite museum is the Museum of Natural History, in New York city which has the fantastic dinosaur display.
Ivan Fallon: I like modern art exhibitions.
David: I went to see an exhibitions of sculpture last week. It was at the Tate Gallery. That’s an art gallery in London. It wasn’t the first time I’d been to the Tate Gallery. I’d been there many times before, but it was the best exhibitions I’d ever seen there.
Kevin: Yes, it was great, wasn’t it. I went with him. It was the first time I’d been to the Tate. It’s really good!
Natalie: I didn’t go with them. I’ve never been to the Tate Gallery. Next time you go can I come?
David: Oh, Natalie.
Kevin: Of course, you can.

I went to the Tate Galley last week.
I’d been there many time before.
I had been there many before.

JAMES AND JULIA

Kevin: You may remember that James Brady’s hobby is photography? Well, today he and Julia Marsh have gone to an art gallery to see an exhibitions of photographs, but James has been in a bad mood all day.
Julia: What do you think of this, James?
James: It’s OK.
Julia: James.
James: I’m sorry, I’m hadn’t about Tom Hall.
Julia: Because he received a prize for something you did?
James: Yes. The Drake Bicycle campaign.
Julia: I’m trying to remember… Had anyone worked on that campaign before you?
James: No, they hadn’t. And before I left MAP, I’d finished it. What do you think I should do?
Julia: Well, as I see it, there’s nothing you can do - except enjoy the exhibition.
James: Sorry. I think that’s Ireland. Who’s the photographer?
Julia: 126. Er… John Patrick Brady.
James: What! That’s amazing!
Julia: Do you know him?
James: He’s my cousin!

Had anyone worked on that campaign before you?
And before I left MAP, I’d finished it.
He’d finished it before he left MAP.
He had finished it before he left MAP.

James: Here’s another one… Aren’t they wonderful?
Julia: They’re very nice.
James: No, what do you really think? Isn’t he a great photographer?
Julia: He’s good. Yes, he’s very good. Is he a professional photographer, or is this his hobby?
James: I don’t really know. He was still a student when I last saw him. He’d always been a keen photographer, like me. But he certainly hadn’t had an exhibitions when I left Ireland. I’s sure of that. He’d never ever sold a photograph, as far as I can remember.
Julia: Why didn’t he tell you about this exhibitions?
James: Well, I haven’t seen him for ages. I’m so pleased he’s doing well.
Julia: And I’m so pleased you’re in a better mood.
James: What do you mean?
Julia: Before you found your cousin’s photos, you hadn’t smiled all day.
James: Well, maybe I’d better go and ring Tom Hall while I’m still in a good mood.
Julia: Good idea. I’ll join you later.

When James left Ireland, John hadn’t had an exhibitions.
He’d never sold a photograph.
When James left Ireland, John had not had an exhibitions.
He had never sold a photograph.

IN THE ARTIST’S STUDIO

Model: Sorry I’m late. I was at the hairdresser’s.
Artist: Mm! That’s OK. Aaaggg! What happened to you!?
Model: I told you. I went to the hairdresser’s?
Artist: The hairdresser’s?
Model: Well, I hadn’t been for ages and my coat was getting too long.
Artist: And what happened?
Model: Well, the hairdresser was new.
Artist: New?
Model: Mm. I hadn’t seen him before.
Artist: And?
Model: Before I knew what he was doing, he’d cut it all off! It feels Ok, but I think I’ll get another coat before winter.
Artist: Yes, you’d better!
Natalie: Have you ever been to the Science Museum, Kevin?
Kevin: No, but I’d like to hold.
David: Hold it right there. Hey, do you think I should have an exhibitions of my photographs.
Natalie: No.

Kevin: No. Good bye.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario