martes, 19 de septiembre de 2017

Lesson 16: Unit 31 LIFESTYLES

Curso Look Ahead Avanzado

Lesson 16: Unit 31 LIFESTYLES

Natalie: I live in a flat in a central town. It’s a modern flat
David: Today we’re going to talk about people’s lifestyles.
Natalie: Natalie: I live in a flat in a central town. It’s a modern flat.
Tell us something about your lifestyle, Kevin.
Kevin: I don’t have a car; I don’t live in an apartment.  I used to live in an apartment, when I lived in California But now I live in a boat, a house boat, on the river. I don’t own the boat. I rent it from a friend. And I have a motorbike. What about you, David.
David: I don’t live in a boat; and I don’t live in a flat. I don’t pay rent. I don’t have a motorbike, I have a house; a modern house… And I driving sports car. When I was younger I just a live in a flat and I used to have a motorbike.

Now I have a sports car.  But I used to have a motorbike. I used to live in a flat. I used to, but not now.
Where do you live? Where did you use to live?


WHERE DOU YOU LIVE? WHERE DID YOU USE TO LIVE?

1.    I live in a small flat in central London near my work. I used to live in a four-bedroom family house in the suburbs.
2.    I live in a two-bedroom semi-detached house. I used to live in a large house, which I shared with a few other people.
3.    I live in a ground floor flat which I’m buying. I used to live in a council flat that I rented.
4.    I live in a condominium now. I used to live in an apartment.
5.    I live in a two-storey adobe house on the south side of Santa Fe. I used to live in a wooden a child.

THE BATS


Brian: Hi. Nice cave you have here.
Lucy: Thank you.
Brian: Is it yours?
John: No, we rent it.
Mary: We used to live in a cave.
John: Really?
Mary: Yes. But we don’t live in a cave any more. We live in a tower.
Brian: It’s very nice.
John: We used to live in a tower. But we moved.
Mary: Why?

John: It was cold
Lucy: And it was noisy.
John: So we came to this cave. It’s warm…
Lucy: And it’s quiet.
Mary: But it’s dark!
Brian: And it is wet!
John: You’re right… but we like it, don’t we, dear?
Lucy: Yes, we do.

JULIA’S A BIG MOVE

James: When are you leaving?
Julia: Pardon?
James: When are you leaving for Germany?
Julia: I don’t know. Oh, James… this is really difficult! I don’t know what to do about this flat.
James: Is it yours? Do you own it?
Julia: No. I rent it. But all the furniture is mine.

JULIA’S TYPEWRITER

James: This typewriter…
Julia: What about it?
James: Is it yours?
Julia: Yes.
James: It’s wonderful. You don’t often see typewrites like that.
Julia: I hardly ever use it, but I don’t want to sell it. Do you want it?
James: I’d love it!

JULIA’S TELEPHONE CALL

Julia: Hello?
Caller: I’d like to speak to Julia Marsh, please.
Julia: Speaking.
Caller: Mike Roberts here. International Promotions.
Julia: Mike! Hello.
Caller: How are you?
Julia: I’m fine, thank you.
Caller: Are you still working for MAP?
Julia: No, I’m not working for MAP any more.
Caller: Do you have any plans?
Julia: I’m going to Germany, I think. Why?
Caller: Well, I think you ought to start your own agency. You see, I have some freelance work that I’d like to offer you.
Julia: Really?
Caller: There’s a lot of work for small, independent companies that give good value.
Julia: Let me think about it.
Caller: OK. See you soon.
Julia: Bye.
                                                                                                                                                                            
Always
Often
Hardly ever
Never

JAMES AND JULIA


Julia: That was Mike Roberts of International Promotions.
James: International Promotions?
Julia: Yes, I used to work with them. Before moving to MAP.
James: Oh, Yes. What did he want?
Julia: He is for freelance work… He thinks I ought to start my own advertising agency.
James: Why?... What about Grmany?
Julia: Well, I really want to work abroad but I’d like to be independent, to be my own boss in my own office.
James: You don’t have an office.
Julia: Yes, I do. A desk, a telephone, a typewriter.
James: Wait one minute. That’s my typewriter.
Julia: No, it isn’t. It’s mine. I need it. If you want to use it, you’ll have to work for me.
James: Me? Work for you?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario