martes, 19 de septiembre de 2017

Lesson 20: Unit 40 ENTERTAINMENT

Lesson 20: Unit 40  ENTERTAINMENT

David: Today entertainment.
Kevin: We go to the theater.
Natalie: And we talk about concerts. Jazz concerts, classical concerts or pop concerts.
Kevin: What can you see at a concert.
David: What can you see at a theater. At a theater you can see actors and actresses acting in a play.
Kevin: What about a concert hall. Well, you go to a concert hall to see musicians playing a concert. If it’s a classical concert the musicians play in an orchestra. If it’s a pop concert, a rock concert or a jazz concert, the musicians play in a band.
Natalie: Kevin and I want to go to a rock concert next week. So yesterday, I went to buy some tickets. There was a very long queue, and I had to wait for hours, but I managed to get one!
Kevin: One?
Natalie: Yes. I’m sorry. I was only able to get one. I wasn’t  able to get a ticket for you.
Kevin: Why not?
Natalie: There was only one ticket left. I couldn’t get any more.

She managed to get a ticket.
She was only able to get one.
She couldn’t get a ticket for Kevin.
She couldn’t…
She wasn’t able to…

THE THREE CATS

Lucy: At last! Did you manage to get any tickets?
Henry: Yes, the last two.
Lucy: Let me see… But these are for the ballet! Couldn’t you get any tickets for a pop concert?
Henry: No, I couldn’t. They didn’t have any.
Lucy: What about opera tickets?
Henry: Look! I wasn’t able to get any tickets for a pop concert. I wasn’t able to get any opera tickets. I was only able to get two ballet tickets, OK?
Lucy: No, it’s not OK. I don’t like ballet.
Henry: OK! Are you happy now?
Jack: No, I’m not happy. I like classical ballet. This is modern ballet.

JAMES AND JULIA

Kevin: Julia Marsh and James Brady are working in their office and listening to some music at the same time.
James: Who is this?
Julia: What? Oh, the music. It’s the Peter Jones band.
James: Who’s playing the piano?
Julia: I don’t know. Here we are: it’s Lola Davis. She’s good, isn’t she? She plays very well.
James: She plays beautifully.
Julia: I think they’re playing in London soon. Yes, here we are: “The Peter Jones band at the Rainbow Club, on the 11th and 12th. When’s that?
James: The 11th and 12th? Well, that’s Friday and Saturday this week.
Julia: We could go and see them then, if you like.
James: Yes, let’s. Er…, I won’t be able to go on Saturday.
Julia: Oh. I can’t go on Friday. Oh, wait a minute. They’re on at the Wilton Hall on Thursday. Let’s go and see them there.
James: Thursday? That’s the day after tomorrow. Will we be able to get tickets?
Julia: I don’t know. I’ll try and get some tonight.
James: Tonight?
Julia: Yes. I’m going to a concert at the Wilton Hall tonight.

Natalie: My sister’s having a birthday party next Friday.
Kevin: So?
Natalie: So I won’t be able to go to the rock concert.
Kevin: You won’t be able to go to rock concert? That’s too bad.
Natalie: Mm. You can have the ticket.
Kevin: Great!
Natalie: It cost 30 pounds.
Kevin: Oh.
Natalie: What’s the matter?
Kevin: I don’t have any money.

James: Julia, I’m so sorry! I couldn’t find a taxi.
Julia: So how did you get here!
James: By taxi.
Julia: I thought you said you couldn’t find one.
James: I meant I wasn’t able to find a taxi when I came out of my flat. What’s the matter with you?
Julia: Nothing. Here’s your ticket.
James: Thank you. How much did it cost?
Julia: 27 pounds.
James: 27 pounds! For a jazz concert?!
Julia: This is the Wilton Hall. It’s expensive.
James: But weren’t there any cheaper tickets?
Julia: Yes. But I wasn’t able to get any.
James: Why not?
Julia: Because I forgot to get them last night. Come on, we’ll miss the beginning.


Natalie: Well, I still have a ticket.
David: I’ll have it.
Natalie: I didn’t know you were a rock fan?
David: I’m not. I’m going to give it to someone who is Cinderella. You will be able to go the concert.
Kevin: Hey, David. That’s very nice. Thank you.
David: Good bye.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario