viernes, 24 de febrero de 2017

Look Ahead 06 Meet the Family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKs6QHBwuC8&list=PLvKQ8cPLYU6_G0Hsh1e4ihy_yf9W0LJvz&index=6

David:  Today families. We meet the Ahluwalia family. We meet  Kevin’s family.   And we meet Tom Hall family. Tom Hall is the manager director of MAP Advertising. This is his house. Sally: Mum, this is my friend Lucy.
Sally: Mum, this is my friend
Mum: Hello, Lucy.
Lucy: Hello, Mrs Hall.
Sally: And this is my sister Kate.
Lucy: Hello.
Kate: Hello.
Sally: And this is my brother Bob.
Bob: Hi.
Lucy: Hi.
Sally: Where’s Dad.
Mum: He’s in the garden.


Baby: Mum! What’s that?
Mother: That’s a cat.
Baby: What’s his name?
Mother: Felix
Baby: Where does he live?
Mother: He lives in the garden.
Baby: Mum! Who’s that?
Mother: His sister Kitty.
Baby: Where does she live?
Mother: She lives in the kitchen.
Baby: Felix lives in the garden. Kitty lives in the kitchen.
Baby: Mam.
Mother: Yes?
Baby: What do they do?
Mother: What do they do?
Baby: Yes.
Mother: They eat small mice!


Sally: That’s my father.                             
 WHO’S THAT?
Natalie: Who’s that?
Kevin: My sister.
Natalie: Who’s that?
Kevin: He’s my brother.
Natalie: What’s his name?
Kevin: Chuck.
David: Who’s that?
Natalie: His brother.
David: Where does he live?
Kevin: In the USA.
David: Yes, but in what city?
Kevin: San Francisco.
David: What does he do?
Kevin: He’s an engineer.
Natalie: Who’re they?
Kevin: They’re his friends.


PETER AND MARY SMITH
Peter: No, Mary.
Mary: Yes, Peter.
Visitor: Peter Smith?
Peter: No
Visitor: Mary?
Mary: No
Visitor: Does Peter Smith live here?
Peter: No, he doesn’t live here.








Visitor: Does Mary Smith live here?
Peter: No, she doesn’t.
Visitor: Do you live here?
Peter: No, I don’t.
Visitor: Does she…?
Peter: No, she doesn’t.


Peter and Mary: We don’t live here.
Visitor: You don’t live here; she doesn’t live here.
Peter and Mary Smith don’t live here. Then who ..?
Peter:  My sister lives here.
Visitor: Do you know Peter and Mary Smith?
Peter: Yes.
Visitor: Where do they live?
Peter: I don’t know… Oh, yes. They live in Australia.
Visitor: Do you have their address?
Peter: No, I’m sorry.


 
David: Back Tom Hall’s house. It’s evening. Time to eat. James Brady is there. At half dinner.

Tom: How are you?
James: I’m fine, thanks.
Tom: Come in. James, this is my wife, Barbara.
James: How do you?
Barbara: How do you?
James: That’s for you.
Barbara: Oh! Thank you.
Tom: This is my daughter Kate.
Kate: Hello.
James: Hello.
Tom: And her husband John.
James: How do you do?
John: How do you do?
Tom: And this is my son Bob.
James: How do you do?
Bob: How do you do?
Tom: Where is Sally?
Bob: I don’t know.
Barbara: She is out to night.

David: Back to James Brady and Tom Hall family. It’s at half dinner. Time to coffee.
Barbara: Would you like some coffee, James?
James: Yes, please.
Barbara: Coffee, Kate?
Kate: No, thanks Mum. I don’t drink coffee in the evening.
James: Do you live here, Kate?
Tom: No, James. They don’t live here.
Kate: We live in Oxford.
James: Oh! What do you do?
Kate: I’m a teacher.
James: Do you have any children?
Kate: Yes, a boy and a girl.
James: Are you their teacher?
Kate: No there are not in school. My son is four and my daughter two.
James: I’ see. What does John do?
Kate: He works for the Bank of England.
James: In Oxford?
Kate: No, we live in Oxford, and I work in Oxford but he works in London.
John: Would you like a chocolate, James?
James: Thank you.

Mother

Father

Sister

Brother

Wife

Husband

Daughter
Son
Families



WORD  BANK
Bedsit
Estudio
Mother
Madre
Brother
Hermano
Parents
Padres
Children
Hijos/niños
People
Gente
Father
Padre
Sister
Hermana
Friend
Amigo
Woman
Mujer
I don’t know
No lo sé
Women
Mujeres
Man
Hombre
Mum/Mummy
Mami/mamá
Men
Hombres
Dad/Daddy
Papi/papá

Boy
Chico/niño
Born
Nacido
Chocolate
Chocolate
Business
Negocio
Come in
Pasa/entra
Buying
Compra
Daughter
Hija
East Africa
África Oriental
Girl
Chica/niña
Fabrics
Tejidos/telas
Husband
Marido
Generally
Generalmente
Wife
Esposa
Generation
Generación
Basically
Fundamentalmente
Get involved in
Participar en
Importing
Importación
Separately
Por separado/ separadamente
Keep an eye on
Vigilar
Textiles
Tejidos
Nearby
Cerca
Whole
Entero/todo
Selling
Venta







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario