jueves, 23 de febrero de 2017

Look Ahead 30 What Will Happen



David: Today, we’re going to talk about the future.
Kevin: We know one thing about the future. You can never be sure you can never be certain, what will happen.
Natalie: But at MAP Advertising two things are certain. They’re moving office today, and Julia is leaving the company.


MAP Advertising

Julia: Well, this is it.
James: This is it.
Julia: My last day at MAP Advertising.
James: What are you going to do? Have you decided yet?
Julia: Not really. I think I’ll go to Germany and look for a job there.
James: You don't sound very happy, Julia
Julia: I know. It’s just that… I hope I’m doing the right thing.
James: Oh, you’ll be OK.
Julia: I hope so.
James: Well, you can always stay here – at MAP. It’s not too late.
Julia: No. I’m not going to do that. What about you, James?  Where will you be five years from now?
James: What a question! I’ll be married and I’ll have two children.
Julia: Really?
James: Of course not. I don’t know where I’ll be five years from now. I hope I’ll still be in advertising. I like it. Will you get married, Julia?
Julia: Perhaps. If I meet the right man, I’ll get married. But I don’t know.


THE FORTUNE TELLER
Natalie: Yes?
Kevin: I want to know what is going to happen in my life. Could you tell me my future?
Natalie: Your future? Let’s see. If you eat a lot, you’ll get fat.
Kevin: Last is not good. Everybody is not that. Would I have a long life?
Natalie: Do you smoke?
Kevin: Yes.
Natalie: If you stop smoking, you’ll live longer.
Kevin: Tell me anything I don’t know?
Natalie: You will travel to a far place.
Kevin: That’s better. Where?
Natalie: I don’t know. But you will meet a woman and you will marry her.
Kevin: Who is she?
Natalie: I don’t know.
Kevin: You don’t know anything. I’m leaving.
Natalie: You can’t leave yet. First, you have to give me some money.
Kevin: I’m not going to give you any money. You haven’t told me anything.
Natalie: If you don’t give me any money, you’ll be sorry.

INTERVIEW: What are your hopes for the future?

1.      I hope in the future that my daughters will continue to grow, and perhaps be married, and have families of their own; and then I can be a grandfather, which would be quite nice.
2.      That my children do well in school; that they study and really apply everything they have in them to develop their talents and their intelligence; and that they’re happy.
3.      My hopes for the future… My principal hope is that I will stay healthy, and continue to do the sort of things which I like to do.
4.      For myself, I hope that I’ll remain fit enough to carry on dancing for a long time.

FIRE

Man: I have an idea. I’m going to make a fire.
Woman: What’s a ‘fire’?
Man: I don’t really know.
Woman: What will it do?
Man: I think it’ll give us light.
Woman: That’ll be nice.
Man: And I hope it’ll make us warm.
Woman: Good!
Man: We can put our food on the fire.
Woman: Will it taste better?
Man: Perhaps.
Woman: I hope so.
Man: That’s it. That’s a fire. You’ve stolen my idea!


Julia: Where is it, Tom?
Tom: Oh, I’m thinking.
Julia: Thinking about the move?
Tom: Yes. I hope I’ve done the right thing. If I’m wrong, the company will lose business.
James: Tom. You’ve looked at the advantages again and again.
Tom: I know.
James: Offices in London have become very expensive.
Tom: Yes.
Julia: A lot of companies have moved out of London.
Tom: I know.
James: Tom, life in the country will be easier. I know you’ve done the right thing.
Tom: I hope so.
Julia: I´m sure everything will be fine.
Tom: Yes, you’re right. I’m a little sad to leave the old place, that’s all. But we all have to look ahead – to the future and our new lives. Let’s go out and have a meal to celebrate.
Julia: I’d love to.
James: Great idea.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario