viernes, 24 de febrero de 2017

Look Ahead 12 When We Were Young

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvyhdGKl_fk&list=PLvKQ8cPLYU6_G0Hsh1e4ihy_yf9W0LJvz&index=12

David: Hello. This is me when I was young. I was four then.
Kevin: And this is me when I was young. I was six. That was a long time ago.
Natalie: Well, this isn’t me.
David: Who is it, then?
Natalie: It’s my sister’s new baby.
David: Is it a boy or a girl?
Natalie: A girl.
Kevin: Can I see, please? Aaaah… When was she born?
Natalie: She was born three days ago.

DAVID AND NATALIE

David: Natalie, where were you born?
Natalie: I was born in Stratford-upon-Avon.
David: When were you born?
Natalie: I was born on the fourth of July.
David: What year?
Natalie: Uh-uh! I’m not telling you that.

A CAR RACE

First, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh, twelfth, thirteenth, fourteenth, fifteenth, sixteenth, seventeenth.

MAP ADVERTISING

Rachel Anson.  She is looking for job. She has an interview at MAP ADVERTISING.
Tom: Good morning, miss Anson.
Rachel: Good morning.
Tom: Please sit down. Now I have your application      form here. But tell me about yourself. In your own words.
Rachel: Right. I was born in Manchester. When I was twelve, my parents went to Africa.
Tom: Africa? Did you go with your parents?
Rachel: No. I stayed in England. I lived with my grandmother. But in the holidays I went to Africa.
Tom: Very nice. Where did you go to school?
Rachel: In Manchester. I went to the local primary school. Then, when I was twelve, I went to Claremont, the local secondary school.

Tom: But you didn’t stay there?
Rachel: No. I left when I was sixteen. I went to another school.
Tom: Why?
Rachel: Because Claremont didn’t teach Business Studies.
Tom: Ah! And then?
Rachel: I went to college.
Tom: And you got a diploma in Marketing?
Rachel: That’s right.


 WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN?

I was born in Nairobi, Kenya on 18- October - 1958.
I was born in Sidney, Australia, in 1958.
I was born in Kansas City, Missouri, in 1940 August 28th
I was born in Amersham, in Buckinghamshire, in 1940.
I was born in Scotland, on the 2nd October, 1957. 

MR HARRISON’S JOB INTERVIEW

Interviewer: Now, Mr. Harrison. You were born in 1961.
Man: No. I wasn’t. I was born in 1955.
Interviewer: But you wrote 1961 here.
Man: I know. I’m sorry.
Interviewer: Right. You left school when you were eighteen.
Man: No. I didn’t. I left school when I was fourteen.
Interviewer: And you went to college in nineteen… Did you?
Man: No, I didn’t go to college.
Interviewer: So you didn’t get a diploma in business management?
Man: No.
Interviewer: But you were a manager for six year…
Man: No.
Interviewer: I see. So nothing here is true?
Man: That’s right. So I don’t get the job? I can’t be a manager?
Interviewer: Well… Um… The job isn’t manager, Mr. Harrison. It’s… tea boy.
Man: Can I have the job?
Interviewer: Well, yes. Congratulations!
Man: Thank you.

                                                                  WORD BANK


África
Africa
Year
Año
Baby
Bebé
Business management
Dirección de empresas
To born
Nacer/nació
Commentator
Comentarista
Date
Fecha
Congratulations
Felicidades
Month
Mes
Diploma
Diploma
News
Noticias
Get
Conseguir
Tell
Decir
I’m sorry
Lo siento
Twins
Gemelos/mellizos
Nothing
Nada

Primary school
Escuela primaria
Your own
Tu propio(a)/tus propios (as)
Secondary school
Escuela secundaria
Yourself
Tú mismo
Tea boy
Chico de los recados
Ages
Edades
Another
Otro
Choice
Elección
Application Form
Solicitud
Develop
Desarrollarse
Business studies
Empresariales
Electricity
Electricidad
Grandmother
Abuela
Extremely
Extremadamente
Parents
Padres
Farm
Granja

Grades
Cursos
Smaller
Más pequeño
Looked like
Parecía
Square
Cuadrado
Part
Parte
Started
Empecé
Rewarding
Gratificante
Subjects
Asignaturas
Same
Mismo
Children/kids
Niños















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario