viernes, 24 de febrero de 2017

Look Ahead 18 Planning a Trip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxdrYE2QmXU&list=PLvKQ8cPLYU6_G0Hsh1e4ihy_yf9W0LJvz&index=18

MAP Advertising

Tom: Come in, James. Sit down.
James: Good meeting?
Tom: Yes, It’s a very good meeting. Now, James. These clients in Edinburgh. When’s your next visit?
James: Let’s see. Here we are. I’m going to see them the week after next.
Tom: I’d like to see them too, if that’s OK with you.
James: Of course. I’m driving there on the Friday before. Would you like to come with me?
Tom: No, thank you. I won’t go on Friday. I’ll go on Sunday.
James: Fine. But why do you want to see these clients?
Tom: Excuse me. I’ll tell you later.
Tom: Rita, I want to fly to Edinburgh on Sunday  the 19th. Can you get me a ticket?
Rita: Yes, Mr Hall. Which flight?
Tom: The first. No, no, wait. I think I’ll go by train.
Rita: By train? But the plane is faster.
Tom: Yes, but it’s nicer by train. And the plane is more expensive than the train.
Rita: True.
Tom: And a hotel. I know a good hotel in Edinburgh. It’s called the Grand. Can you…
James: Tom, I know a better hotel.
Tom: Are you sure?
James: Yes.
Tom: All right. Good.
James: Rita, I’ll talk to you later about the hotel.

I prefer travelling by…
1.      I prefer travelling by plane, because I get there faster.
2.      Obviously the plane is much more convenient if you’re travelling long distances.
3.      I prefer travelling by plane because it’s faster and in this country it’s much more accessible.
4.      I prefer travelling by plane, because I like to feel like an astronaut.

_Let’s go to South America this year.
_I’d prefer to go to Asia.
_The holidays in Asia are cheaper than the holidays in South America. 
_The food in Brazil is better than the food that in China.
_The hotels in Japan are nicer than the hotels in Venezuela.
_The weather in Thailand is worse than the weather in Argentina.
_Darling.
_Yes, darling?
_Let’s stay at home this year.
_ Yes, darling.
_ What was that?


-          Single or return? (London).
-          One way or round trip? (USA).
-          What would you like one way ticket or round trip ticket?
ENDING
-          David: How are you going home tonight?
-          Natalie: I think I’ll get a taxi. It’s raining.
-          David: How about you, kevin?
-          Kevin: I think I’ll go by car.
-          David: You don’t have a car?
-          Kevin: Your car.

-          Good bye.   


Check in
Facturar
Abroad
En el extranjero
Non-smoking
No fumadores
Argentina
Argentina
Section
Sección
Asia
Asia
Passengers
Pasajeros
Business Class
Clase preferente
Plane
Avión
Darling
Cariño
Station
Estación
Decide
Decidir
Tourist
Turista
First Class
Primera clase
Travel agent’s
Agencia de viajes
In a great hurry
Con mucha prisa
Long distances
Largas distancias
Obviously
Obviamente
Aeroplane/plane
Avión
Prefer
Preferir
OK with you
Estás de acuerdo
Thailand
Tailandia
Venezuela
Venezuela
Best
El mejor
Boring
Aburrido
Come into contact
Ponerse en contacto
With
Con
Domestic
Domésticos/nacionales (vuelos)
For the most part
La mayor parte
Intend
pretender
Itinerary
Itinerario
Non-stop
Sin parar/ sin escalas
Offer
Ofrecer/ oferta
Pleasant
Agradable
Premium
El mejor
Reconfirm
Confirmar
Satisfied
Satisfecho
Seat selection
Elección de asiento
Service
Servicio
Step up
Acercarse
Tourist/ economy
Clase turista
Coach Class
Económica
Transaction
Transacción
Whether
Tanto si
              

       

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario