viernes, 24 de febrero de 2017

Look Ahead 15 Future Plans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU9JNoqyhnM&list=PLvKQ8cPLYU6_G0Hsh1e4ihy_yf9W0LJvz&index=15

David: Hello. Today… making plans in a future.
Kevin: Making plans to go out this evening.
Making business appointments.
Natalie: And look what you said on telephone.
David: This evening I’m going to the theatre. At seven o’clock. Look, tickets.
Kevin: And I’m having dinner. David, what are you doing tomorrow?
David: Tomorrow that Saturday. Tomorrow I’m playing tennis with you. Last this week and next week.
Kevin: What are you doing next week.
David: Monday studio, Tuesday studio, Wednesday,                                                                                           
Thursday, Friday. We’re working next week. Every day.

MAP ADVERTISING.

Natalie: And now, Julia Marsh in MAP Advertising. What is she doing next week?
Julia: Good morning, can I speak with the manager, please?
Good morning, Mr. Jones. Julia Marsh speaking, in MAP Advertising. I’m fine, thank you. And you? Good. Mr. Jones, I’d like to make an appointment to see you. Next week some time.
I’m sorry, Mr. Jones. I’m working in Oxford next Monday, all day. I’m sorry, did you say Tuesday or Thursday? Thursday is fine for me. So next Thursday twenty four October at ten o’clock.

THE DOCTOR AND THE PATIENT

Receptionist: Doctor Watson’s office.
Patient: Can I speak to doctor Watson, please?
Receptionist: I’m afraid you can’t, sir. He’s with a patient. Would you like to make an appointment?
Patient: This afternoon?
Receptionist: I’m sorry. The doctor’s playing golf this afternoon.
Patient: Pardon? Could you say that again?
Receptionist: He’s playing golf this afternoon.
Patient: Well, can I see him  tomorrow?
Receptionist: I’m afraid you can’t, sir. He’s working at the hospital tomorrow.
Patient: How about next week?
Receptionist: Next week the doctor’s going to an international meeting.
Patient: Next month?
Receptionist: Doctor Watson is going on holiday next month. To Australia. For six weeks. Ah! You can see                       the doctor at two o’clock in the afternoon on the seventeenth of May… Next year, is that all right, sir? Sir?

STUDIO

David: Kevin, where’s de doctor going on holiday?
Kevin: The doctor? He’s going to Australia.
David: Right. What about you, Natalie?
Natalie: I’m going to India.
David: And you. Where are you going on holiday this year?
Man: I’m going on holiday to Fiji.
Woman 1: We’re going to Arizona this winter.
Woman 2: I’m going to France.
Woman 3: This year I’m going on holiday to Brittany.
Woman 4: This year we’re going skiing in Andorra.

MAP ADVERTISING

David: And now Julia Marsh. On the telephone. It’s Monday morning.
Julia: I’d like to speak to Anna Baker, please.
Receptionist: I’m afraid she’s in a meeting.
Julia: Can I leave a message?
Receptionist: Of course, madam. Who’s speaking?
Julia: My name’s Julia Marsh. Can she call me this afternoon?
Receptionist: Where?
Julia: At work.
Receptionist: Could you tell me the number, please?
Julia: My office number is 636 2091.
Receptionist: 636 2091.
Julia: That’s right. Thank you.
JULIA AND ANNA
Julia: Hello.
Anna: Hi Julia. Anna here.
Julia: Anna! How nice  to hear you. How are you?
Anna: Oh, so-so. And you?
Julia: The same. Look, Anna, would you like to go out one evening this week.
Anna: Julia. I’d love to. When? Which day?
Julia: Wednesday?
Anna: Wednesday’s fine. What do you want  to do?
Julia: Let’s go to the cinema.
Anna: The cinema. Great idea!
Julia: And after that, let’s have dinner.
Anna: Wonderful!
Julia: Right, then. I’ll get the tickets. And I’ll call you back.
Anna: OK. Bye.
Julia: Bye.

JULIA

Julia: Good afternoon. I like  two tickets for Wednesday evening. Sorry, could you say that again, please?
Oh, two six pound tickets, please. My name is Marsh. Thank you. Good bye.
James: Julia, I have two tickets for a jazz concert this Wednesday. Would you like to come?
Julia: I’m sorry, I can’t. I’m going to the cinema on Wednesday.
James: Oh, well, some another time.
Julia: Yes, James, I like that.

CARTOON

Grub: Could you say that again, please?
Caller: Somebodyiseatingyourhouse.
Grub: What was that?
Grub: Pardon?
Grub: Did you say ‘eating’?
Grub: Slowly, please.

Grub: Somebody… is eating…the house. Somebody is eating the house! Oooh!


                                             WORD BANK

Appointment
Cita
Skiing
Esquiar
Busy
Ocupado
This evening
Esta tarde
Daddy
Papá
Tomorrow
Mañana
Forget
Olvidar
Tomorrow evening
Mañana por la tarde
Future
Futuro
Winter
Invierno
I’m afraid
Me temo que
Again
De nuevo/otra vez
Next week
Próxima semana
Below
Abajo
Plans
Planes
Call
Llamar
Golf
Golf
So-so
Así, así/regular
How about…?
¿Qué te parece…?
Author
Autor
International
Internacional
Between
Entre
Meeting
Reunión
Confirm
Confirmar
Message
Mensaje
Completely
Completamente
Pardon?
¿Perdón?/¿cómo?
Discuss
Hablar de
Patient
Paciente
Effective
Eficaz
enjoyable
Agradable
Hectic
Agitado/frenético
Fast-paced
Ajetreado/de ritmo acelerado
Immediacy
Proximidad/inmediatez
Full
Lleno
Impossible
Imposible
Go over
Revisar
Link
Nexo/intermediario
Literary
Literario
Personal
Personal
Photocopy
Fotocopia
Possible
Posible
Publisher
Editor
Work out
Solucionar






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario