viernes, 24 de febrero de 2017

Look Ahead 24 In the Country


Town
Country


A house for Natalie.
David: How about this one? Near a river.
Kevin: Or this one. It has a great view. It’s on a hill.
David: this one’s nice. It’s on a farm. Why not stay on a farm?
Kevin: Well?
David: Well?
Natalie: I don’t know.

Near a river
On a hill
On a farm

MAP Advertising.

Tom: What! That’s double the present rent.  Yes… that’s too much. Move to the country. I wonder. Rita
Rita: Yes, Mr. Tom?
Tom: Ask to James and Julia to come a meeting tomorrow morning at 9:30.
Rita: Yes, Mr. Tom.
Tom: I have to tell you some things. We have to move the company. To a new office.
James: Move? But…
Julia: I think that’s a great idea.
Tom: Good!
Julia: We should be in the centre of town. We’ll be nearer our customers. The transport is better… there are lots of good restaurants.
Tom: Julia. Here. I think we should move to the country.

Julia: We should be in the centre of town. We’ll be nearer our customers.
Tom: For. Against. For: Cheaper rent. Cheaper houses. Cleaner air. Quieter. Parking is easier. Do you agree…?
Julia: Yes, I agree. But let’s talk about the things against moving. Number one. A long way from some clients.  Don’t you mean from all our clients?

Tom: No, that’s not right.
James: What about communications?
Tom: There are fast trains to everywhere in Britain from this station.
Julia: What can we do in winter when it’s cold and wet? It’s not like London, is it?
Tom: I agree. I think MAP Advertising should move to the country. Do you agree?
Julia: No, I don’t agree.
Tom: James?
James: I’m not sure.






DO YOU LIKE WHERE YOU LIVE?

A.     Yes, I like living there. There are lots of open spaces, and it is very green and there is also a forest which is nice to walk through.
B.      I can’t really say I do like living in town.  I’m really much more of a country person. But this is where the work is.
C.      I really like living in Santa Clara. It’s close to where I work. And it’s a small community, more or less. And it’s a very green community, with lots of trees. And it’s relatively quiet. And I feel safe there.

TOWN MOUSE AND COUNTRY MOUSE

Country mouse: Welcome to the country. Come in.
Town mouse: What’s this?
Country mouse: Don’t you know? It’s a flower.
Town mouse: What’s that?
Country mouse: That’s a cow.
Town mouse: I don’t like the country! It’s  noisy and it’s dangerous. Everything is better in the town. Come in see.  In the country everything is very expensive and it is always cold and wet there. The air in town is very good for you; it’s very clean. And it’s very easy to find somewhere to live. Living in town is wonderful.
Country mouse: I like the country! It’s quiet and it’s safe. Everything is worse in the town. In the country everything is very cheap and it is always warm and dry here. The air in the town is very bad for you; it’s very dirty. And it’s very difficult to find somewhere to live. Living in town is awful!
What’s that?
Town mouse: That’s a dog.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario