viernes, 24 de febrero de 2017

Look Ahead 22 Getting Around Town


Karl: What’s this?
Julia: It’s your ticket.
Karl: Do you have to buy your bus ticket in a shop?
Julia: No, this is a special ticket. A one-day ticket. You can use it on the buses and on the underground.
Karl: Er… What do I do with this ticket?
Julia: What do you mean?
Karl: Well, does the driver stamp it? Do I put it into a machine? Or…what?
Julia: Oh, no. Just show it to the driver when you get on the bus. That’s all.
Karl: How do we get to the museum?
Julia: First we go by bus and then we go by tube.
Karl: The tube? What’s that? You buy toothpaste in tubes.
Julia: The tube is another word for the underground.
Karl: What is this?
Julia: It’s your ticket.
Karl: How much does it cost?
Julia: Oh, no.
Karl: Are you sure?
Julia: Yes, Karl.
 Karl: Thank you very much. What do I do with this ticket?
Julia: What do you mean?
Karl: Well, does the driver stamp it. Do I put it into a machine? Or what?
Julia: Oh, no just show it to the driver when you get on the bus. That’s all.
Karl: How far is it from the station to the museum?
Julia: Oh, not far. Half a kilometre.
Karl: And how long does it take?
Julia: From Holborn station?
Karl: No. From here. The whole journey.
Julia: About three quarters of an hour. Fifty minutes.
Karl: In Munich I go everywhere by tram. Are there trams in London?
Julia: No.
Karl: How often do these buses run?
Julia: Every ten minutes.
Karl: Come on, Julia. Let’s get a taxi.
Julia: Karl, taxis are expensive. And you can still use your one-day ticket.
Karl: But it’s not far to the hotel. It won’t cost much. Taxi!



a) I have to drive.
b) It takes about 12 minutes.
c) I come on the underground.
d) I drive my truck.
e) Sometimes by bus as well.
f) I live on a houseboat.

How are they going home?

Natalie: I’m going home by underground.
David: I’m going home by bus.
Kevin: I’m going home by boat.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario