jueves, 23 de febrero de 2017

Look Ahead 28 Things Going Wrong



Briefcase
Papers
Wallet
Driver’s License
Cheque book
                        
MAP Advertising
Tom: Rita? Are James and Julia there? We have a meeting at 2:30…
Julia: Sorry, are late. Tom.
Tom: It’s all right, Rita. Where have you been?
Julia: At the Police Station.
Tom: Where?
Julia: At the Police Station. I’ve lost my briefcase. Or perhaps somebody’s has taken it. I don’t know.
Tom: Oh, no. What happened? Sit down. Was there anything important in it?
Julia: Important! My cheque book, all the papers I need for work, my appointment book…
Tom: Oh, that’s terrible. But how did you lose your briefcase?
Julia: Well, as you know, I was with a client all morning and we had lunch together. After I had lunch, I went shopping. And when I wanted to buy something, I couldn’t find my cheque book. Then I remembered that it was in my briefcase. And my briefcase was in my car.
Tom Hall: So you went back to your car…
Julia: I went back to my car. No briefcase.
Tom: And then you went to the police?
Julia: No immediately. Before I went to the police station, I called the client’s office. No luck. They said the briefcase wasn’t there.
Tom: Tom Hall. James! Where are you?
James: I’m at a garage. I’ve had an accident.
Tom: An accident! Are you all right?
James: don’t worry. It’s not serious. I’m not hurt, but I can’t drive the car. The rear lights are broken.
Tom: What happened?
James: I was at the traffic lights when somebody hit me from behind. His brakes didn’t work.
Tom: James. Can you came to the office now. We have meeting. Remember? Oh, good. I’ll see you in half an hour. Good bye. He is Ok. He’s getting a taxi. Yes… Julia Marsh. Really? I’ll tell her… That was the manager of the Europa restaurant. Just after lunch today he found a black, leather briefcase under a table. When he opened the case, he found a lot of papers. He said that they had the name MAP on them. And he found a cheque book with the name ‘Marsh’ on it. ‘J’ for Julia?


HAVE YOU EVER LOST ANYTHING IMPORTANT?
1.      I’ve lost my car keys before now. That caused me great problems.
2.      No, I’ve never lost anything important.
3.      I have lost an important thing. I lost my wedding ring at one time, but fortunately I was able to find it again.
4.      A boat. I had in the early 1970s an old wooden boat, on which I lived. And I went away for a few days, and came back to find it on the bottom of the canal.
5.      No. I’ve always found it again if I’ve thought I’ve lost it, fortunately. So, no.
6.      Yes, I’ve lost a lot of things.

THE HARE AND THE BUTTERFLY.
Hare: What’s the matter?
Butterfly: Before I went to bed, I had twenty legs.
Hare: Yes?
Butterfly: I slept for a month.
Hare: Then what happened?
Butterfly: Well, when I woke up, my legs were gone. And now I have these.
Hare: Do this.
Butterfly: Thank you.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario