jueves, 23 de febrero de 2017

Look Ahead 27 People's Lives



David: Today we’ll look people’s live. What have you done in your life?
Kevin: How many jobs have you had?
Natalie and David: Which countries have you been to?
Natalie: I have been to India. Last year I went to India and now I back here. I’ve been to India.
Kevin: I have been to Russia. Two years ago I went to Russia then I back here. I’ve been to Russia.
ELEPHANTS NEVER FORGET
Elephant 1: Where is he? Where have you been?
Elephant 2: I don’t know. I’ve forgotten.

MAP Advertising
James: Hello Julia. There is some message for me.
Julia: No, I don’t think so. Are you expecting for a message?
James: Yes… How long have you been here?
Julia: I’ve been here for five hours. Since half past seven. James?
James: Yes?
Julia: How many jobs have you had?
James: Well, I’ve had three other jobs. Why?
Julia: Oh, I’m just interested. That’s all. James?
James: Mmm?
Julia: How many countries have you been to?
James: What? How many countries I been to?
Julia: Yes.
James: Well, I’ve worked in England and Ireland, that’s two. And I’ve had holidays in five others. That’s seven. But why do you want to know?
Julia: Seven countries! I’ve only been to two.
James: Julia.
Julia: Yes?
James: What are you trying to say?
Julia: What do you mean?
James: Well, all these questions? How many jobs have I had? How many countries have I been to? What do they mean?
Julia: Well, James, I have not done much in my life.
James: Julia. Oh, I wouldn’t say that.
Julia: No, true. I haven’t done much. I want to do something different.
James: What?
Julia: I’m going to leave MAP Advertising.
James: Julia.
David: How long have you lived in London, Kevin?
Kevin: six months. I live here for six months.
David: And you Natalie? How long have you lived in London?
Natalie: I live in London since 1989. How long have you lived in your town?
David: How long have you lived in London, Kevin?
Kevin: six months. I live here for six months.
David: And you Natalie? How long have you lived in London?
Natalie: I live in London since 1989. How long have you lived in your town?
1.      I’ve lived here for 16 years.
2.      I’ve lived in Bolinas for 18 years.
3.      I’ve lived here nearly… about 25 years.
4.      On and off I’ve lived in or around London all my life. I’ve lived in London continuously for the last 11 years.
5.      I’ve lived in Reading for about 20 years.
6.      For 18… no, nearly 20 years.
7.      Not quite 2 years.
8.      I’ve lived in Pacifica 3 years.

NATALIE’S HOUSE IN THE COUNTRY

Kevin: Have you found a house for your weekend in the country?
Natalie: I’ve found two. But I don’t know which house I want to go to. This one or this one. I can’t decide.
Kevin: I’ll decide for you. Go to this one.
Natalie: OK.


MAP Advertising

Tom: Yes.
Julia: Can I talk to you for a minute?
Tom: Of course, Julia. Sit down. What is it?
Julia: I’ ve decided to leave MAP Advertising.
Tom: Leave?
Julia: Yes. I have decided to leave MAP Advertising.
Tom: Oh, no… I know. You’ve never liked working here and you’ve found another job.
Julia: No, I’ve enjoyed working here. And I’ve learned a lot. But…
Tom: But what?
Julia: Well, I have not had time for other things.
Tom: You’ve found another job.
Julia: No, I haven’t. Really.
Tom: What do you mean? Something different.
Julia: I want to travel. You know, I’ve never been to the United States.
Tom: Hall: Haven’t you?
Julia: I want to learn ski and I want to leave a broad and learning a language. There are lots of things that I haven’t done.  
Tom: Well, Can I see. I really sorry. But I understand.
Julia: Thanks Tom.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario